A Day of Eating (Bulking Style)

Processed with VSCO with s3 preset

Hey guys! So I asked y’all recently though Instagram if you’d be interested in seeing a food diary of mine even though I’m currently bulking and may not be super pertinent to everyone. But, since several of you said yes, well, here you go!

So most days I just kind of scavenge around and eat as I go, but on days that I work, I plan out my entire day from breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. In general, I aim to eat clean about 75% of the time, and the other 25% I give myself more flexibility. When I’m not bulking, it’s usually more 80/20 but with so many extra calories, it’s easier to fit in treats! Overall though, I’m eating ~2600 calories a day (350g of these are carbs).

Okay, so all three days of work are literally the same meals so here’s what I had 3 days this week. Also, I’ve tried to include portion descriptions when I can, just to give you a better idea of what I’m consuming. Obviously this won’t be super helpful to you guys; even if you’re bulking as well, everyone’s macros are still so different! But I figured I’d go ahead and give you guys as much insight to what I’m eating as possible.

Breakfast: 4 medium sized potato waffles, 1 large banana, 10g whipped cream, 10g agave syrup, 8 oz. califia farms café latte

Snack 1: Siggis black cherry yogurt container 2% fat

Snack 2: homemade chocolate chip muffin (recipe in earlier blog post; can be found here)

Lunch: 2 oz penne pasta protein plus (Barilla) with 1/2 cup pasta sauce (Prego), Siggis blueberry yogurt non fat, 22 pretzel crisps thins

Snack 3: 6 Women’s Best coconut protein bites

Snack 4: 15 whole wheat Ritz crackers

Dinner: kale and mozzarella chicken burger (Amylu brand), 2 slices whole wheat bread, 30g avocado, 100g gold potatoes

Dessert: 1/2 cup Edy’s ice cream

There you have it! If you guys have any questions let me know! Also, since I’m at work, I would say that this is an example of a “cleaner” day of eating. When I’m not working, I may go out to eat and may opt for a meal that is more calorie dense/not quite as clean 😉

Hope this was helpful!

 

4 thoughts on “A Day of Eating (Bulking Style)

  1. Hey Claire! I follow your posts religiously, and find them very helpful! I work with a trainer, and she is going to have me increase my calories to about 1900, in addition to heavy lifting 3 days a week, and steady state cardio 2-3 days a week. I am very terrified to increase my calories this much, as I feel like I’ve plateaued and the idea of doing this sounds crazy to me. Do you have any input on this?

    1. Hey!! Thanks so much! 🙂 so it’s hard to say because I don’t know anything about your fitness goals or your body type BUT I was eating 1600 cals a day and one point and eventually increased to 2000 and did more heavy lifting and loved the results!! It gets to a certain point where if you’ve plateaud you may need to mix up your training and diet so I honestly would give it a try and see how it goes 🙂

      1. The scale has already gone up since increasing my calories recently, eek! But I’ll try this routine out for a while and trust the process. Thanks for your feedback!

      2. that can happen in the beginning but I would give it a few weeks and see how your body adjusts 🙂

Leave a Reply